LGBT & Allies Networking Reception
Details of the Event
*All delegates attending the conference are encouraged to stay for the LGBT & Allies Networking Reception with no extra fee.
This LGBT & Allies Networking Reception provides an opportunity for all delegates to celebrate the end of the Diversity & Inclusion in Asia 2014 Conference. It is also an opportunity to bring together LGBT professionals and allies from different industries, companies and geographies who are committed to driving LGBT inclusion forward in Asia.
Interview with Gigi Chao
We are delighted to be joined at this event by Gigi Chao, an executive director at Cheuk Nang Holdings, a qualified pilot, philanthropist and Hong Kong’s most famous lesbian. Gigi made global headlines when her father, Hong Kong billionaire property tycoon, Cecil Chao offered one billion Hong Kong dollars to the man who could persuade his daughter to marry him.” Find out more about this story:
- Gigi Chao, lesbian daughter of Hong Kong billionaire Cecil Chao, appeals to father over 'marriage bounty'
- Money still can't buy my love, says Gigi Chao after tycoon father doubles 'dowry' to HK$1b
- Gay daughter of Hong Kong billionaire who offered £80million to any man who married her tells him: ‘I will marry a man when you do’
- Lesbian Gigi Chao Pens Open Letter To Billionaire Father Cecil Who Promised £72m To Man Who Could Woo Her
- Going to Extremes 65M to Marry My Daughter
Gigi will share her story and views on LGBT inclusion in Hong Kong. Moderating the conversation will be Brian Leung, Chief Campaigner of BigLove Alliance, a ground breaking LGBT advocacy group in Hong Kong dedicated to the protection of basic equal rights for the LGBT community.
Just want to attend the LGBT & Allies Networking Reception?
Those who would like to attend the LGBT & Allies Networking Reception only (rather than the 1 or 2 day Conference) are warmly invited. However, please note there is a registration fee of US $50.